Saturday, April 5, 2008

Loses,,,,,,,,

It doesn't matter how much time we spend with anyone or anything most of them touch out lives one way or another. One of the two calves I brought home is destined to die. It saddens me but at least he was comfortable and gently cared for. It bothers me when they don't get much of a chance or start in life. Now I think of the big picture and am grateful for all I have.

Another busy day. Animal care, run for silage at the Rhode Island boarder, back home to go to the Mass boarder for the truck acquisition. What bent me out of shape over the transaction is that when we first went to see the vehicle it was basically empty of gas. I had to run back to get the truck off the books for end of month for the dealer and I reminded them again to put some fuel in it before we came to pick it up. Not only was there no gas in it but it literally hadn't moved since we looked at it. It had the exact mileage it had when we left it the first time. They probably cleaned it outside and never did a last check up. Needless to say it was not a new vehicle (2003)so they didn't really give a hoot about the lack of gas or my point about the mileage. Never will ever deal with them or recommend them either.

So back home. Bees are busy, one hive definitely stronger than the other. Calf still headed to the hole at the end of his down hill slide. My tax guy is finally looking over the figures I sent him over five weeks ago. Yes I am shopping for a new accountant. He always tries to make it my fault that it takes him so long. Five weeks? Not likely me!

Only a couple of things to do tomorrow and I hope I have time to work in the garden. I am getting cabin fever for sure. Maybe I will plant some peas this week. Lettuce, spinach, garlic and the such.

Yup, spring is in the air. The compost needs a turnin.......

1 comment:

Amy Smith said...

UGH! Car salesmen! I am dreading the day when we will have to deal with them again!
I am sorry to hear about your calf. IF you think I might have something (Pharmecutecally Sp???) that could help, just ask.
I wish my day today were calm but that is not hte case: elastrating Jack and James, dosing Kelly's goats, and putting in the grout in the mudroom floor. I wish I could get to the garden, but that wil have to wait til Wednesday I think.