Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fun today.........

I worked with the bees today. They didn't want to leave their special package cage they came in and I gently persuaded them to vacate and move in their new home. I remained calm and so did they. I did have to cut one package screen since I didn't want to loose to many soldiers to the windy wet weather and dumped them in. I couldn't remove the empty upper body since they would have gotten smushed. I will peak in tomorrow and see if they moved into the frames. I'm in no rush I just want them to live. Seems to be more difficult than one could imagine.

April showers bring May flowers and this April first is raining for the flowers already. My hay guy predicts a dry summer again, time will tell. I think we will suffer from irregular weather. Not overly dry or wet but enough moisture to make the hay quality less than the best.

The last wave of kidds will begin in two weeks. I look forward to the process and hope we haven't any problems. Some will follow in May but only a few.

On to setting up taxes for next year. I have given my tax guy the paperwork due for all the forms and yet he has not finished the work. Why is this? I also messaged him and he hasn't messaged back. He better be alive or I will suffer the wrath of the IRS! I suppose another message is due.

No comments: