Friday, February 29, 2008

Cell Phones

That's it! I have absolutely had it!

I am sick and tired of being the target for those who, through their self-importance, make me suffer from their cell phone use.

Erratic driving being towards the top of the list. Swerving, driving slow until I try to pass ,then speeding up. Them passing me and riding over the line to push me off the road. Rushing in on a parking space while I am signaling and am already pulling in. I know, much too important to talk on the phone than use the direction signal and cutting people off.

It's too bad that it's illegal to own a disruptor, that for a mere 50.00, would give people like me no end of pleasure.

I'm tired of being forced to listen to others phone calls in public places and events. You try not to listen but what the heck, if I'm grocery shopping how am I supposed to divert myself except to talk to myself or answer the person who I thought was talking to me.

Almost all cell phone addicts will look at you as if you are possessed or insane. Cell phone addicts think I'm rude?

I would imagine that 99.99% of these calls can be made at non multitasking situations. I don't personally own one. I don't plan to get one anytime soon either. I have a message machine or I would never realize how many people would need to talk to me. I wonder if I didn't have the answering machine how many times the police would be at my house to make sure I'm still alive.
Yes, I left a message for my daughters teacher and we will play phone tag for a while but we eventually will get together.

When was the last time anyone wrote a letter? Our society has become too disengaged. Computers, cell phones, bulk mail. I doubt that when these people meet they will be able to conduct a civil conversation. I must say that I still enjoy talking to people. Trading stories and opinions. Watching their face of disbelief when something wild comes out of my mouth.

We usually always have such a wonderful turn out for all our parties. Go figure, no one gives parties any more. Too expensive and God forbid you should actually have to talk to someone.

No comments: