Friday, August 1, 2008

The roof continues......

Another day, another bit of vortex chaos.

Good news for everyone, the young lad is off to Vermont for a few days. That will relieve us of his teenage mood. I am sure we are luckier than most, he is not terrible yet, then again he is only 13 and we have a way to go. Since his sister fractured her nose and neck, my son has had to cover for her. He was at the route of the accident so a lesson learned is long lived in payment. He does need some time off since he really didn't realize just how helpful his sister is.

My daughter is consistent as being her angel self but is starting to get more active. A relief and a curse at the same time. She wants to be more active and I know she is feeling better but I don't want her to loose ground on her healing process.

Her neck is stiff and sore to move, "then don't do that". She is having fun being the water girl and Mom's all around right hand at this point. Reminding me of all I am forgetting to do. Yes I am finding it difficult to remember all that needs to be done:
Coffee, no breakfast,
Morning animals care-2.5-3 hours
Up to the roof 4-6 hours
Hit the ground for lunch, yes I have to make it,
Hey make dinner before you go back up,
Onto the roof for another 4 hrs,
Plate out dinner, grab a tootsie pop,
Evening animal care 2.5 -3 hours
In between all that get the bills paid, laundry, keep the troops entertained and coordinate farm business, keep up with family and friends via phone, and finally just pass out.
Shower, you bet. Stinky is not my middle name.

1 comment:

Amy Smith said...

Hey, you left out clip a cow and dodge lightning bolts!