Sunday, July 27, 2008

It's time

Well the 4-H expo was tremendous fun. I felt it would be the last fair of the season since I am so harried between doing the regular farm duties as well as helping with the roof. My husband has become fearful of heights which makes me the point or edge girl. Doesn't bother me but it makes for a long day between unloading hay wagons that weren't expected between rain drops, getting animals and children packed up to bring to the fair, keeping the house and bills in order, there isn't even enough time to breathe.

I must confess that the group we go to the fairs with has seen fit not to be bothered by my children hanging around with them. It is very kind and I still feel I am taking advantage of the whole situation. I have been told repeatedly that the children are not a bother and it entertains their children also but I still feel bad. I must say that my son is emerging from his cocoon and is participating more. Maybe it is because I am away that he is taking control over his world. I expected him to show some autonomy and it is finally here. He worked really hard on his 4-H project and the ribbon he was awarded was better than any A he could have gotten from school. I am very proud of both of my children.

My daughter deserves a round of applause since she participated with a fractured nose and neck, wearing and uncomfortable plastic brace. What a trooper.

A huge thank you to all involved for keeping an eye on the two of them. They truly enjoyed themselves.

Now off to bed before I pass out......

No comments: