Friday, March 21, 2008

One more thing to do.........

As usual things just don't go as they are scheduled to. Why do I think I am special enough for things to go the way that I plan? I am not alone thinking that they should.

I love having my husband home for an extra day off. I like sleeping by his side. Just knowing he's there and isn't rushing off for work, gives me a special kind of comfort for the day.

I like to chat and next thing I know it is very late and the girls are calling to remind me. OK, I'm up and ready to go tend to the girls needs. Phone rings and it is a frantic call from a young friend who would like a little extra support (sure blame me again if things go wrong) but moral support in a time of stress is sometimes all that is needed. On the way over I am humming the Calvary charge. Of course by the time I get there things have gone according to what nature has planned and not me. Spend a moment to make sure everyone is where they should be and off I go to tend to the girls.

My son has attempted to use the new milking machine and is about half way through our list (a little slow but the girls are grateful).. I help by milking the Does on my knees and we're done in no time. Next the cows and I'm off for grain and then back to help put up some Sheetrock and harvest a turkey or two.

What! No help need for the Sheetrock! Fine, I'll just make a head roll. Wow. 47 lb turkey dressed. Not bad. Chores. Oh yeah, made some cheese and dough for pizza and starter for the feta tomorrow.

If only I had 5 more minutes in the day I could type what else I have done today but then that would take too long. There are several more tasks to complete before my day is done. If only I could do one more thing a day..........then I wouldn't get any sleep..........

1 comment:

Amy Smith said...

:P

Hey, at least you called me young...
THe sheetrock went up fine. Only one small patch job because Sam is apparently somewhat spatially challenged.