Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Election time "down at the Farm"

If you hadn't noticed lately the time to pick a new president is upon us. I have been referred to the ten percentile, the people who haven't made up their minds yet.
So Sue Me! No I don't stand outside when it rains and look up! I am tired of the same old politics. (Hold onto your hat here it comes......)

Why is it that almost a Billion dollars has been spent on an office that pays 400,000.00 a year. One candidate has raised eight times the amount of the other candidate. Am I supposed to be naive enough to think that the cronyism won't be out for those who contributed. I would love to see the breakdown of who contributed what!

Neither candidate has the stand on issues that I feel are important:
First! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE WAR IN IRAQ? They have been reporting on the WOMD recovered and the Mass Media has taken a back seat to recording this? What is going on over there, how are our troops doing, when can they come home?

Second! Why are we bailing out a bunch of people who created a catastrophe due to greed? No one is going to jail over this? Let me see if I can get away with it and see where I end up.

Third! Energy. Will someone please take us to the next level and fund and grant monies to American companies that are creating affordable wind and solar power and other alternative types of energies. Lets not drill yet......

Fourth! Why is it that the government elected officials keep granting themselves raises when I can barely scratch out a living? They only work a third of the year and are way overpaid as it is.

Fifth! Abortion. Its a women's body don't let the government tell her what to do with it. Which brings up number .........

Six! Education. No child left behind? Is this why both my children are now home schooled? The local elementry school could afford new paving, carpeting, speed trenches, metal security gates, a front door security lock and yet my daughter who is going into fourth grade can not read or comprehend Math? (yes, I am foaming at the mouth right now!!!!).

Easy now.......calm down.......breathe......in through the nose........out through the mouth.........

It seems we have little control out of our out of control government. Excersice you right to vote. Just do it.

Right about now I will excersice my right to a cool, damp (yet invigorating) afternoon of animal care. Enjoy the spectacular fall foliage. Help those who want to be helped (has that cow calved yet), who give back to our system. Who serve our system and ask for little in return (dairy goats are so non demanding). Those who make our farm work with team effort (yes piggies drink your milk and eat your eggs). I don't have any problem shipping those who don't participate (stinkin ducks).

If only our government could see how lost they have become.

No comments: