Monday, May 19, 2008

OK, maybe not.......

So since last I wrote all has gone more haywire than I like to admit. I have lost more animals this year than ever in my career.

I know it was not due to my poor husbandry but to circumstances beyond my control. It doesn't help one feel any better though. I have completely run out of room in the burial plot. Where to put the next one is the question.

Now I figure the spring season has only about a month left to it and with this particular Spring season I will also let go of the sadness that is collected.

I am looking forward to the growing season and am putting seeds in the ground at this point. I will plant my started plants this weekend. I don't think the 4-H has anything planned this weekend. We have been very busy with community service and charity events.

The trailer is getting closer for occupancy with the windows being cut in this weekend (yup spent all that money and I put big holes in it). Carpeting on the sleep deck and floor and a set of stairs are in the works.

Two more Does left to kidd and that will be it for the season. No, I don't know when they are due. It was a bred this year or not so I wasn't paying too close attention.

I have dealt with some people I will never deal with again, but they were counterbalanced by others who are completely and honestly trying to invoke a good feeling with younger generations in the area of Agriculture.

I will continue to do my best to help everyone I meet in this area as well as keep the good food growing for those who have the inclination to buy excellent product close to home. We are ever closer to the milk licence and will get there soon. I now have my vacuum system with the buckets and claws (both cow and goat).

So the turning of a page and another chapter laid to rest. I'm sure things will improve this next season. Yes, I am the perpetual Optomist........

1 comment:

Amy Smith said...

Nothing happening this weekend in 4H? Surely you jest! Check your email...
muahahahaha!