Sunday, April 13, 2008

Such fun

Well Mom and I had a blast. We got to enjoy her company for a few days before she retreated to the sanctity (sanity) of home. We went out to a few stores and found some good buys. I found an entire wardrobe for under 50.00. OK, so I am not a fashion statement and it is unlikely I will accidentally be shot by hunters (Have you ever noticed how bright colors don't sell well with the larger clothing chains?) but I have clothes without blood stains or holes for a while at least.

We found some Hershey Kisses filled with Champagne (you know I am making a special trip to get the rest of the display) that are on the soft side even before you little mitt gets on them, no need to exercise chewing, however delicious they are.

Found a computer program for my son. He really liked it and had to be pried away from the computer to do other things. Special treats for everyone. It was Oma's birthday and my sister had gotten a cake for her. It was huge and we were able to have some delectable deserts for quite a few days. Carrot cake with walnuts and raisins, apricot creme filling with butter frosting (the only drawback in my book, yuck) and the flowers decorating it were absolutely beautiful. My daughter wanted them all. Fine with me. Oma brought Christmas cookies too. They never last long. Good thing Oma has a freezer full.

On the farm we had one doe Kidd. She was a day early and kidded in minutes since we only left her alone for a short time. One doeling was dead, the other weighed only 4.5 pounds. Smallest Kidd we have ever had but she is spry and frisky and eating her food albeit only ounces at a time. Were used to feeding out gallons so we must be careful not to over feed her.

My son went to the chicken showmanship on Saturday and came away with knowledge and the desire to show his birds as well as some different breeds of roosters who needed a home. Not the best examples of chicken hood but breed different enough to bring to the fairs to let people see them.

I have Spring Fever and have gotten seeds to start. So this week with the school week off we will start some of the cool weather plants such as peas, lettuce, potatoes spinach the list goes on but you get the idea.

The bees are happy and are foraging pollen already, Skunk Cabbage and the Maples have started. I will go in and check to see if they need anything and to make sure the foundations have been drawn and there are eggs being laid. Not that I could do much except order new packages or a queen at least.

Enjoying the rain free weekend (not as was predicted) but too cool to do much except take a load of items to the "Put and Take". In our town we have people bring stuff to the dump that may be someone elses treasure.

Off to look at the new horse tomorrow. I am leaving the trailer home so I have time to think about it. Kite flying down at the beach with the kids too. Fun day all around.

No comments: