Monday, November 3, 2008

I thought you were late

I felt that the first time heifer "Lovely" was over-due her calf date. I was very correct because "Just" had her calf last night! That would make "Lovely" over due by about two weeks!

Just in case you were wondering it was another Bull calf who has yet to be named. OK, I just named him "Ditto" since they are colored exactly the same (well about as close as you can get) except the second one has a bit of curl to his hair and probably horns too. Close enough and the message to the children is the same.

Well tomorrow is Election Day. Yes, I am deep in thought still. I will vote and I hope you will also. Don't come and complain to me unless you do vote. It only takes a few minutes and then we can talk about politics. Not that I like talking politics but if you participate I would be willing. I was surprised at how many people don't vote. There were 200,000,000 (that's two hundred million)voters in 1997. There must be more by now. In the average election only around 50% of registered voters will participate. Disgusting numbers and disappointing to say the least. Nuff Said.

Well I must go. I have to take some animals to auction, and the Ducks that were harvested (18 total) to where they are wanted and go to a "Mega" store and purchase just enough food to see us through next week. I miss the garden already. It was very convenient to just go out an pick dinner. So many different combinations.

My son and daughter have dug up all the "Canna Rhizomes" (don't you just love fancy words) and my son wants to try and sell them at a dollar a pound. A real bargain since they go for 25.00 per plant at any local nursery. The Canna roots that he dug up will set at least five per rhizome.

Well off to my busy day, have a great one.

No comments: