Monday, April 7, 2008

Bulk shopping

I call it GROCE. That is all you can call it when you only grocery shop about every four to six weeks. Of course we have all our own meat, eggs and milk but there are other things we should have to prevent scurvy and the such.

So today I went to BJ's and spent over three hundred dollars. No I didn't plan to spend that much, no I didn't go hungry (for a change). Most all the items were makings for meals. I don't usually buy prepared foods and go out to a Japanese or Chinese buffet if I don't feel like cooking. That is always a treat.

So totally not what I had planned to do today. I was supposed to visit a piggery with a chef who wants local product and this farmer is willing to grow pigs on grain instead of garbage like most of the larger growers. However the farmer called and he had to go cut firewood (to supplement pig farming, we all have to do something) so he couldn't meet with us. I was then supposed to get some Chicken food and soy meal in bulk from the co-op and perhaps stop for a much needed cup of tea at a friends house. Didn't happen today.

My Mom is coming by for her birthday this week and will spend a few days at the least (one can only hope, sometimes she has to go home to take care of other things, we hate seeing her go).

So tomorrow I will go and get the grain and stop by some stores as Mom is looking for organizing bins for my son's room. We will see how it goes. Not like I have any money left to buy anything...........I can't stand shopping anyway, unless it is a hardware or grain store.

No comments: